Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Onion Rings and the Google of Cooking

It's been a while since my last entry. I've been rather busy or out of town lately, and I apologize for this. I apologize to you, my beloved followers, who refreshed their windows 75 times a minute waiting for me to upload new things. However, now I'm back with more cooking and embarrassing myself.

Lately I've been somewhat uninspired in terms of cooking and making food. I've been remaking plenty of the dishes that I've already posted about (the pomodoro eggplant sauce is a true winner in those nights when I just come back exhausted) and improving them.

Today, I accidentally run into the most awesome website in the history of mankind. This is going to be my new homepage. Here's how it works. Type in what ingredients you have in your kitchen, get awesome recipes that use exactly what you have. Boom.

So, after carefully thinking about the few things I have, I came across some onion rings recipes. My brain was like "awesome idea! Totally go for it!". So, as I was skimming through the recipes, I noticed that most of them require a deep fryer, which I don't have. So then, I went to the actual google of things (Google) and came across this baked onion rings recipe.

It is easy to make and not as bad for your health as the deep fried version. The meal was completed with the usual side dish: salad and pita.
They look awesome. Tip: use cooking spray. I didn't have any so I dipped them in oil, sort of.

This just had to happen.
I'll try to post tomorrow to make up for some of the lost time. Until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment