Monday, July 1, 2013

Hummus Tuna Melt

(This happened a couple of days ago, but just forgot to publish it. Now I have some time on my laptop)

I just realized that it would have been really fun if every post had a math reference for a title. Just for the record, the one for this post would have been "The Substitution Rule".

Today I spent about an hour and a half playing Ultimate with some people from the Weizmann. The game was a lot of fun, and made me realize that I have to get in shape. When I got back here I was exhausted from all the running, so I looked for a quick recipe that would satisfy me.

I really only had tuna, hummus, veggies and bread. So there weren't a whole lot of options. I googled "hummus tuna" and came across the following tuna melt recipe. Melts are sandwiches made of some made ingredient and cheese. The basic concept is that you put the two things together, plus some other stuff and then put it in the oven or grill until the cheese has molten. This recipe though suggests to make the sandwich open faced (i.e., use only one bread).

I made some salad while the thing was getting cooked. It has palm hearts. HA!

Fine. So making the sandwich and everything is super easy and simple. Now, why would I have called this post "The Substitution Rule"? This is how I saw the list of ingredients: 
 

·        15 oz of tuna in water, drained

·         ¼ cup finely chopped red green pepper

·         1 shallot, chopped

·         ¼ cup chopped parsley

·         2 Tb drained capers

·         ¾ cup hummus

·         2 Tb Dijon mustard

·         Juice of ½ lemon

·         Salt and pepper to taste

·         8 slices of rye bread

·         16 small slices of tomato

·         8 pieces Dill Havarti cheese
  
I also threw in some olives. Also, the tuna I got was weird. It was like a tuna cream. It had the color of salmon and it smelled and tasted like tuna, but it was weird. 
 I finished it all with a whole lot of watermelon, which is awesome in this country and not-surprisingly refreshing.


Until the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment