Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Hardest Omelette. Ever.

Today I faced my second biggest culinary fear: the omelette (the first being the challah, ugh). The first time I tried to make it, I failed miserably and ever since I just turned all my breakfast egg projects into scrambled eggs.

I overcame this fear last night with a fantastic omelette. First, I googled 'simple omelette recipe'. This took a lot of courage as you can imagine. Then, I carefully read this recipe and made sure that I had all the necessary ingredients. As I was cooking it, I realized that the pan I was using was sticky, and that the egg was starting to get stuck to the pan. I freaked out and thought of breaking the whole thing up and making the omelette a scrambled egg, but I contained this feeling and skillfully unstuck the egg off the pan.

As my fillings I used tomatoes, sautéed onions, olives and freshly grated gruyere cheese. In hindsight, I may have had too much filling, which made it hard for the omelet to fold.

The final result was a fluffy, thick, delicious and healthy omelette. Here's a picture.
As I said, the filling was a bit too much and the egg broke a bit. But it was still pretty good.

The end of this culinary project is near, and I'm running out of ideas. 

Until the next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment